Garage Additions and Other Garage Home Improvement Topics
||The garage is the original man cave. A garage was, and still is, where man and machine spend much of their time when they’re home.
Besides a refuge for cars and trucks, the garage is also the place for storing lawn and yard equipment. In addition, the garage has also become an extension of the home on multiple levels. Most garages today are actually attached to the main home. In many cases garage designs include upper level living space that ties in to the rest of the home, e.g. bedrooms and office space.
The garage has also become an alternative to the basement or attic for storing items. Today you can buy elaborate garage storage systems for maximizing garage floor, wall and overhead space.
Garages are also popular for housing small workshops. Garage conversions are also common for creating new and inexpensive finished living space such as home offices, family rooms and bedrooms.
In the below articles and videos you will find helpful material on planning a new garage addition or garage conversion project, installing garage doors or door openers, and the latest information pertaining to garage storage equipment and accessories.
- Building a Garage Workbench Video
- How to Remove a Garage Door Video
- Installing a Garage Door Opener Video
- Installing Bike Hangers in the Garage Video
- How to Remove Garage Door Header Sag Video
- Steel Garage Door Option Considerations Video
- How to Install a Garage Door Bottom Seal Video
- How to Install a Garage Door Opener Quickly Video
Garage Addition Articles
- Garage Firewalls
- Building a Garage
- Garage Addition Size
- Garage Addition Ideas
- Garage Addition Plans
- Garage Flooring Options
- Garage Addition Checklist
- Garage Plans and Design Ideas
- Adding a Room over the Garage
- Garage Addition Cost Estimates
- Finishing Attic Space Above a Garage
- Building a Two Story Garage Addition
- Installing Texture 111 on Garage Walls
- Building a Room Addition over a Garage
- Attached Garage versus Detached Garage
- The Benefits of Building a Garage Addition
- Building a Garage Addition on to Your Home
- Fall is the Perfect Season for Building a Garage Addition
- A Garage Conversion Project starts with a Garage Conversion Plan
- Developing a Garage Addition Plan & Estimating Garage Additions Costs
Garage Storage Systems
- Garage Storage Cabinets
- Installing Garage Shelves
- Garage Ceiling Storage Solutions
- Wall Mounted Shelves over a Garage Work Bench
Garage Doors, Flooring, Workbenches and other Garage Related Articles
- Garage Door Seals
- Insulating Garage Doors
- Garage Flooring Options
- Garage Door Maintenance
- Garage Vinyl Floor Matting
- Garage Door Threshold Seal
- Installing Garage Door Opener
- How to Build a Garage Workbench
- Garage Door Opener Troubleshooting
- Chain versus Belt Driven Garage Door Openers
- Removing Garage Floor Oil Spots and Grease Stains
For a more help on your Garage Addition Project, see my Garage Addition Bid Sheet. The Garage Addition Bid Sheet provides a request for quote checklist section that you can provide to prospective building contractors to help in the contractor hiring process. In addition, it also includes a comprehensive garage addition construction cost breakdown table, in Microsoft Excel format, that allows the contractor to include his projected new garage addition costs for every phase of the project.
Free Garage Addition Price Quotes with No Obligation!
Fill out our 3-5 minute quick and easy form, and receive a free price quote on a garage addition from one of our prescreened and licensed garage addition contractors. This process is free and there is no obligation to continue once you receive your garage addition price estimate.